Issue: During regular operation of your OpenIZ server environment you begin to encounter synchronization issues or other errors with clients with the message "Out of disk space".
- OpenIZ Immunization Management Server
- During synchronizations all connected tablets report a 500 error
- The OpenIZ log files do not grow or are filled with "out of disk space" exceptions
- Using a connected web application such as the administrative portal you see an HTML error page listing "Out of disk space"
Cause: The cause of this issue is that the OpenIZ host server or server which you're attempting to connect to has run out of disk space.
- You can prune the OpenIZ log files located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mohawk College\OpenIZ and named in a format similar to openiz_20170901.log.
- You can delete historical log files per your retention policy
- Alternately you can ZIP old logs files as an archive and then delete the files.
- Attempt to free up disk space by uninstalling programs. For more information see: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028054/windows-repair-or-remove-programs-in-windows-10
You can turn down the verbosity of logs that OpenIZ produces by editing the <system.diagnostics> configuration section. This configuration section typically is structured as follows:
<source name="OpenIZ.OrmLite" switchValue="Verbose">
- swithValue should be set to
- Verbose - Everything from the service traces is logged
- Information - Informational logs or more serious are logged
- Warning - Only errors and warnings are logged
- Error - Only errors are logged
- You can procure a larger disk in a virtualized environment or install a larger hard drive in a physical environment.